Friday, December 12, 2014

TV Friday

I made a decision this morning.
I have decided that Fridays on this 'ol blog are going to be TV days. I just really get excited when I get to talk about TV shows with people because I totally geek out over things like that and I have nothing better to write on Fridays usually anyway. I'll think of a clever name for TV Fridays later, for today I'm just gonna jump in.

Because I was so busy in November I am behind quite a bit on most of my TV shows. Thankfully, sorta, most shows are getting into the mid-season finale time, so I'll have plenty of time to catch up before they come back in January. This means I'm not up-to-date on a lot of my shows, so I'm just going to talk about a few today.

**SPOILERS AHEAD, duh**

The Flash
This show!! I love this show! And I am not someone who is really into the whole DC/Marvel Comics thing, I don't necessarily dislike it, I'm just not super into it, except for this show! It helps that I love Grant Gustin who plays Flash, he's absolutely adorable. While I liked the Monster-Of-The-Week story lines that The Flash started out with, I'm really loving that we're starting to finally get more and more of the overall storyline and things are starting to connect a bit better. I also ended up loving the Flash vs. Arrow crossover episodes! I was so worried about them because I really didn't want them putting 2 characters that the audience loves against each other and implying there would be a winner. BUT, I loved how they did it and I love Flash and Arrow on screen together! Plus #eyecandy.

I totally called that Dr. Wells was the Yellow guy! My mom was a witness, I totally called it and I'm actually really excited about it! I'm also really excited to get into this Ronnie/Firestorm storyline! I knew it was coming, so it wasn't a major plot twist or shock to me, but I am excited for that storyline because I like the drama it will bring and since I don't read the comics or anything I'm excited to see if Ronnie/Firestorm ends up being "good" or "bad". BUT I have an unpopular opinion.. I totally ship Barry and Caitlin. I just like it. Something else I like? Cisco. I just need Cisco and his corny jokes in every scene. Thanks. Or more shirtless Barry. Yea, more of that.


My only annoyances right now are Iris, Iris, and Iris. Look, I really tried to like her, I did, but it's just not happening. I also didn't like her dang boyfriend Eddie, then I decided I liked him for approximately 2 episodes, and now I've decided I don't like him again. So there's that. I also hate that Barry is in love or something with Iris. Ew, stop it Barry, you're too good for her.

Chicago Fire
Still in love with this show. I cried in the season opener when Shay died. Still mourning her death, but I have to hand it to the writer's on CF because her death was the perfect way to shake up the show and the storyline. I really, really like the new girl, Brett. I wasn't sure I was going to like her, but I've really warmed up to her character lately. I am SO GLAD that the "Severide is a drunk idiot" storyline is over. On one hand, it totally made sense for his character because he was dealing with Shay's death, but on the other hand I think it was drug out a little too long and a little too over the top. I was incredibly ready for that to slow down or be over completely. There have been some really great storylines this season too. I loved the firetrucks hitting each other episode and the episode with the helicopter on top of the building. Both very, very well-written.


One thing I'm not loving is Dawson. Also Casey. And also Dawson and Casey together. I'm over it. First of all, I don't know what they're trying to do with Casey's character this season, but I've just found him to be incredibly unlikeable. I've honestly never been the biggest Dawson fan either, but this season she's about to drive me bananas. I know I have an unpopular opinion there, but honestly, so done with them.

Let's talk the Chicago Fire mid-season finale. First of all, one cliffhanger they left us with was that Boden's baby wasn't breathing. I feel pretty confident that the writers aren't going to kill off the baby. Call it my gut, but I don't think they will, so I'm not worried. However, this whole Brett and Peter Mills thing. Like I've said before, Peter Mills is my favorite character, I feel very attached to him. So naturally, this season they keep teasing us with bad things happening to him. But this is very bad. My only comment is how can you not notice that you firehouse ambulance has been missing for hours and hours? Come on.

Chicago PD
I wish this show was on twice a week. It's the best. Best best best. It's hard to talk about this show in a short paragraph, because every episode has a ton of things going on at once, so SO MANY THINGS have happened this season already. Some highlights for me? Meeting Lindsay's mom and learning about Lindsay's past and how/why she ended up with Voight. Halstead with a bounty on his head and then being taken hostage for like 20 minutes before he was like "f that" and took control of things. Atwater and Ruzek undercover in prison, I loved this episode! THE CROSSOVER EPISODES WITH CHICAGO FIRE AND SVU. That was some of the best writing and the best television I've ever seen. To connect 3 shows like that and have it come across as cohesive and entertaining the entire time was awesome. Meeting Lindsay's brother and that actor that played him! Fabulous!

I'm trying to think of something I don't like or some little annoyance I have with Chicago PD and I can't think of one. So yea, you should watch it.

The midseason finale killed me. Okay first, Burgess gets shot. No way they kill her off. But I'm so curious to see what happens and how it all gets handled! Next, Erin Lindsay leaving Intelligence? I don't really know what to say. The only reason I started watching the show was because of Sophia Bush and she's kind of become the media face of the show, so I don't think the writers are stupid enough to write her out. Also, she instagrams a lot and she's still filming, so she's clearly not "gone". I'm just not sure where they're going with this storyline. Although.. If Halstead and Lindsay don't work together anymore, then.. maybe… #Linstead.

Oh Jay, it IS like that..


Annndddd those are the only shows I'm completely caught up on as of this morning!
What a happy first TV Friday! What shows are you watching? Anything I'm watching? Anything you disagree with me on? I'm ready to debate! :)

6 comments:

  1. I used to watch both Chicago Fire and Chicago PD but stopped for some reason or another. I'll need to get back into them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE FLASH. I'm so obsessed with it. And Barry. AND BAITLIN. CAITARRY? We'll work on it. I need to know. If Dr. Wells is the yellow guy WHO BEAT HIM UP!? Roland was like "I knew it" but the yellow flash (reverse flash) beat Dr. Wells up. HOW. ANSWER MY QUESTIONS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on Dawson and Casey. I just wish they would get them over with! I also love Chicago PD! But I am behind gahhhh must catch up! So sad for Christmas break (but excited for Christmas!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Chicago PD finale! Crazy! I need it to come back on noooow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just now getting caught up on nbc shows, so I just skimmed this post. At first I thought the cross over was just CF and SVU so I got all caught up on those only to find out I needed to watch PD too. I'm so glad it's involved because I'm starting to love it. I used to love the Greys and Private Practice cross overs. A 3 show cross over is bound to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, Flash! The Flash has always been my favorite DC superhero and Barry Allen has always been one of my favorite Flash's ( Flashes? I don't know lol). When I watch Flash I'm always looking for plot points that follow the comic books, so I can't help but root for Barry and Iris. I know that Iris is really problematic with the way her character is currently being written so I can understand where your coming from about her. And every time I see Eddie, I can't help but think something is going to happen to him. I love Caitlin and I can also see the potential between her and Barry, but I really think she's going to be hung up on Ronnie for a while especially how these CW writers tell these stories. AND I can't help but get crazy side-eye vibes from Dr. Wells, because I first thought he was the Wally West Flash from the future since he is from the future.. but man I have no idea where his storyline is going...

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...