Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tough It Out Tuesday - The DietBet Edition

Hey.
Hi.
How are ya?
What's shaken?

Okay, yea.. I promise not to say that anymore. Anyway, welcome to Tough It Out Tuesday! I'm not going to be annoyingly repetitive, so if you're wondering what I'm talking about, you can read about it here.

The Best Of Intentions


Let's just jump into things -
I knew when I woke up this morning that it was either going to be a really awesome day or I was going to be bummed out. Spoiler Alert: I'm bummed out.

At the beginning of February I mentioned that I had joined Darci's DietBet. A DietBet is an online betting game where you bet against a group of people that you'll lose 4% of your body weight in a month. You send in weigh in pictures and then at the end of the month you send in weigh out pictures. So the DietBet I had entered ended yesterday. This morning I knew I had to take my weigh out pictures and see if I had hit my goal.
I won't drag this out any longer - guess what, I didn't.

Actually, I'm 0.8 lbs away from my 4% goal weight for the DietBet.
Before you even say it, you bet your ass I changed clothes a thousand times AND moved the scale around in every single room AND tried different ways of standing on the scale. Any trick I had ever learned came into full play this morning (on an empty stomach, of course) and no dice.
I. WAS. BUMMED.

I was even a tiny bit more bummed because I was pretty sure I had hit my goal weight. So for me to not see that weight on the scale this morning was a bit of a downer. I could feel myself start to get upset and discouraged, so I stepped away from the scale and towards my computer to open up Blogger and start this blog post to distract me. Now that I've taken several minutes to reflect, here's what I'm thinking.. 
  • I was 0.8 lbs away from a weight I haven't seen in a long time. Holy mackerel that's exciting! And something to celebrate!
  • I was 0.8 lbs away from losing 4% of my body weight and I did NOT work as hard as I could have. I did not go to the gym near as often as I should've or could've. I did NOT do my workout dvds religiously like I had planned. I did spend a lot of time on my ass.
  • I'm really proud of my eating the last month. I definitely had the occasional "cheat" but I stuck really close to my meal plans and did really well with my portions.
Now that I've reflected on all of that, yes, I'm not going to lie, I'm still bummed. So, so bummed. However, I'm going to give myself the morning to be bummed and by noon I'm going to turn this mess into a positive! I work in college athletics and I have access to some of the best resources! So the other day I spoke with a student trainer about some things and I've gotten a rough idea of my plans moving forward.
I shall share those next Tuesday when they're all ironed out!


In the meantime, post, link-up with me and Allie.
Oh, and be sure to check out Allie's post today. She's posting about a pretty big milestone and I'm excited for her!
The Best Of Intentions



12 comments:

  1. I like that you're giving yourself permission to be a little bummed, but you have a "get back on track" plan. You have made strides and that is something to be proud of. You've lost weight and you're near your goal! You've been meal prepping and eating food to fuel your body. Hang in there, you are getting there and doing awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS so exciting! It's crazy how much our weight can fluctuate. But it's really hard not to focus on those numbers. Congratulations on how well you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah girl! That's a huge accomplishment! I bet anything you'll be less than that .8 tomorrow morning and that's going to be a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the downfalls of tracking progress.... just know that at the end of the day you're doing great things and positive changes will come. even if it isn't in line with diet bets or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well first of all, you are amazing! I AM SO PROUD of you being that close. What you said about being excited that you hit a weight you haven't seen in awhile is dead on. Be excited about that! Be excited about the good stuff you did and accept the bad stuff and change it (which you are doing). I fully believe the best thing we can do is be excited about the good and know about the bad and change it! KEEP IT UP <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so hard not to focus on numbers sometimes when you don't get the results you want...but you're right...be bummed, but don't stay bummed! Get back on it and keep going! Looking forward to your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did awesome! Sure it was 0.8 pounds away but you lost weight!! Don't stay bummed let it move you forward!

    ReplyDelete
  8. .8 is nothing! !!! You are at a weight you haven't been near before and that on its own is super awesome! !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That .8 is nothing! You are close and all you have to do is keep going! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl you still did an awesome job, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah .8 is still winning in my book!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. .8 to some is nothing but it's everything when you are longing to see a certain goal on the scale! keep up the good work! glad I found you and this link up!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...