Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Things Vacation Taught Me..

As I mentioned yesterday, I had a freaking fabulous vacation. Not just a fabulous one, a freaking fabulous one.

 photo vaca1_zps6d1be032.jpg

But I'm home now.

And now that I'm home, I've discovered that my extra long vacation may or may not have changed me a little. It sounds almost a little crazy, but all day yesterday and all morning today I've been thinking about this. Here are some things I think my vacation has taught me..

1.
Enjoy each and every moment. Because I was hyper-aware that we were only on vacation for a certain number of days, I made sure to savor every moment. Whether it was a big beach day or our trip to Universal or just those moments in the morning where we were all sitting in the living room together watching The Food Network. I wasn't in a hurry, I just enjoyed where we were at and what we were doing and that we were doing it together.

2.
I don't have to settle for a job I hate. I don't hate my job, but there's not a darn thing I love about it. When I got back to work today (i have 2 jobs and i'm only referring to one here if you're confused at all) I discovered that nothing had changed, except that things fell apart without me here. It is just so exhausting and my high I was riding from vacation immediately fell. But I realized it doesn't have to be this way. I don't have to spend every week stressing about something new. I was already pushing pretty hard to find a new job, but now more than ever I have the motivation to get it done.

3.
I've been making getting healthy too big of a deal. I did c25k multiple times on vacation without complaint. I would not say I ate ridiculously unhealthy in Florida. Food wasn't a priority, ever. I walked and walked and went outside and did activities. Everything felt like the natural thing to do. I wasn't forcing myself to schedule time to work out or plan my meals for the week. I just went on runs when I wanted and I just made healthy choices when I was hungry. Of course I ate a poptart one morning. And yea, I skipped my last run. But if I want to make this a lifestyle change, then it needs to fit into my lifestyle. I liked running, I liked eating tomatoes and cottage cheese when I was hungry. I like being healthy. So I need to take a step back and just let things fall into place instead of forcing it.

4.
The sooner I stop comparing myself to other people, the happier I'll be.

5.
I just really love my family. I haven't spent that much quality time with them in a really, really long time. Especially my older brother. And I just love them. I think they're awesome and fantastic and far, far from perfect. Thank goodness for that. I'm definitely going to be making a much better effort of spending time with them. Priorities.


I'm glad I was able to bring something home from vacation other than a dirty car and a Harry Potter wand. Which I did bring home..

 photo xokay_zpsf8e62ec8.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Those are all great lessons! Vacations always have that same effect on me. Appreciating what I have and learning a few lessons on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about the eating healthy part. Actually I blogged about it today. Looks like you had great weather in Florida. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vacation being over is always a downer. Those are all great lessons, especially not settling for a job you hate. Hope your job hunting pays off for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so spot on! I really love the saying, "never get too busy making a living that you forget to make a life." definitely have to find a balance with everything! Glad you had a great vacation!!

    Badluckjenn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...