Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Excerise Plan

Hello, hellooooo!

As promised, today we're gonna talk about my new exercise plan. It actually started last week. So this is technically week 2.

I mentioned yesterday that I'm leaving for vacation the first weekend in June. On said vacation, one of my best friends will be joining me. Yay, whoop whoop! I'm excited! She's a really, really good motivator for me. I don't know why, it must just be her personality, but she pushes me. So I had already planned on starting a new, stricter workout routine before vacation. Duh. But then her and I got to talking and somehow we decided that we would be running together while in Florida.

Hmm.. Seeing as how I don't run, I'm not sure how I agreed to this.

Insert C25K..


I've mentioned this program SO many times. I kept saying I was going to start it and never did. A very big reason was the weather. I was motivated to start it, but it was always freezing outside or snowing or something else ridiculous. So I never did. Then I decided I'd start when it warmed up.

Now it's warm(ish) and I'm getting ready for vacation. Now insert Kay's Exercise Plan.


I labeled my weeks out on post-it notes (so i can crumple them and toss them when i've completed it. it's the little things that make me happy) and wrote out my workout plan for each week. Balancing between all of my other obligations and scheduling in when I will exercise.

So huge changes I made from previous times I've attempted this..
  1. I've built in the ability to be flexible. Oh, it's raining this day? I'll run tomorrow instead. No big deal.
  2. Building in rest days on days I know I'll want to rest. Oh you worked 13 hours yesterday and still got your run in? No worries, you can rest today.
  3. Having a set, non-movable end date. We are leaving on June 6th. Period.
  4. Having an accountability partner. My friend will be expecting me to run with her in Florida. So I'll either be enjoying it or unable to finish and dragging her down with me.
I think these 4 factors will make all the difference. I won't be at my goal weight/body/health by June 6th. No way. But this is the perfect kick off I needed.

Oh, I forgot to mention! On the days I don't run, I'll be doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I've done these in the past, but not religiously. I wanted to do something that was going to force me to use weights and work my core for my off days. I feel like by mixing the C25K and 30 Day Shred I'll be getting the perfect mix of cardio and weight training to start myself off. Without spending a dime. Other than my new tennis shoes and the 30 Day Shred DVD. No gym membership. Holla for my March goals of saving money!


Anyone else want to jump on the C25K bandwagon with me? Or how about the 30 Day Shred? We can complain together? Please, please, please!!


3 comments:

  1. I'm in the middle of the 30 Day Shred and I am loving it! Couch to 5k is next on my list when I'm done with it. Whenever you want to complain about Jillian and how she drives you crazy, I'll gladly listen haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have a great plan. i currently have a couch to 5k linkup on tuesdays and we are going to do a virtual 5k on June 1st, you should join us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome plan!!

    I've started C25K before but have never finished it. Have the app on my phone and completed one week. I won't be on the same time line as you but I'll definitely be working my way through the program right along with you. I'll be sure to check in on you!

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...